New Years Weekend
Interesting weekend. It began on Thur. when I headed down to Sunny San Diego for the Holiday Bowl to watch a very disappointing game. I went w/ my bro-in-law, and though parts of the game were exciting, not good seeing CAL lose like that. First time this season the other team actually played better. Hopefully this awful performance doesn't carry into next year. I couldn't believe how nice the weather was down in socal. The drive through the OC was sweet (I'm jealous Sam of where you live). San Diego was incredible as well...parts of SD remind me of Kauai. I'd like ot live down there one day, if it weren't for the traffic.
After the game, we drove to Vegas for three days in Sin City. Made it to Vegas at about 3AM and we pulled an all nighter cuz our hotel rooms weren't available until 11AM the next day. It was lots of driving, a total of about 20 hours of driving by the time I got back to Fresno. New Year's in Vegas is a great time. The strip is closed down to traffic, and people flood the streets. Cops are everywhere though, so everything is under control...for the most part. Lots of drinking and good times in Vegas. The fireworks off the hotels are nothing spectacular. Worst part was the drive home...traffic was ridiculous, took 8 hours.
Now I'm at work, and I don't think I'm completely recovered yet from the travels, but I wish I could go back to it all. I'm sad cuz Xmas and the holiday season is over. I love xmas, and I get real depressed when the xmas lights turn off and the xmas carols end. Makes me sad just thinking about it now. I think I'm going to take the xmas tree down tonight, but not sure. I wish I could leave it up all year.

1 Comments:
If X'mas is all year long, I think you'll get tired of it really soon. S was sad to take down the tree also but you'll have fun again putting it up for next year.
Post a Comment
<< Home