Health
Last night was rough....well the past few months have been rough, especially for my wife and inlaws. On Sunday morning, we received a phone call about the ambulance at M's parents house because of my other in law again. My mother in law is still battling her heart condition and has been in and out of the hospital since the heart attack. She was released yestarday finally but the doctor gave some pretty devastating news. It's hard to determine what to do with his diagnosis because he is the 3rd opinion and none of the opinions have matched up. Doctor said that my mother in law has a disorder where her vessels contract instead of expand when she's overly exerting herself (eg. exercise, heavy walking, etc..), and because of that if she has a clot it will result in a heart attack. He said this disorder is untreatable and uncurable. None of her previous two cardiologists even mentioned this. Regardless, I'm sure she'll end up going somewhere like Palo Alto or somewhere to get checked out by a team of specialized cardiologists, but in the mean time it's a scary situation. M's mom feels like a heart attack could hit at any moment. M keeps saying it's like a time bomb, and everyone's walking on spikes hoping not to fall.
Difficult to handle this of course. Though I'm not extremely devout in my faith in Christ, I do believe and I have faith that there is a reason for all of this. However, watching my family struggle is painful and its difficult to justify a reason for this. Just to show that we should be fortunate for every day that we can share with our loved ones.

3 Comments:
Sorry to hear about M's mom's condition. After reading your blog, I feel that she definitely need to find a specialist and get the proper diagnosis if all 3 diagnosis are different. If she indeed had the discorder, was she born with it or it developed over time? I've not heard of this but being on the cautious side is best.
I know tai-chi is quite mellow and doesn't require lots of exertion. After consulting her physician,that may be an exercise she can do to keep her chi moving and stuff. Sitting still or laying still for a long period of time is not good for the blood circulation.
Even though I'm not super religious, I'll keep her in my prayer.
Hubby and I better start eating healthy now so we don't have issues later down the road.
thanks Sam...her heart condition is genetic and I'm not sure what her other disorder (if real) is a result of...I don't think eating unhealthy was a major cause of this, but eating heathly should be done regardless
When I read your comment on a time bomb, I was thinking that in a way all of our lives are like a time bomb. You never know what's going to happen the next day.
I don't think there needs to be a reason for tragedy in the family. Sometimes it just happens. It's a sad part of life ... You seem to be doing a good job of enjoying your life with your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home