Fountain
This past weekend, M and I setup a fountain in our backyard. It's a small pot fountain, maybe 3 feet high, water spills over the top of the pot and runs down the side. Simple concept, but really sweet. It has a submerged light inside and we setup the fountain inside a small 2' diameter pond. We still are going to put paving stones along the lip of the pond to create a more natural look.
Anyways, I just can't believe how big of a difference something as small as a 3' fountain can make in our backyard. Just having something dynamic with moving water and just the sound of falling water has transformed our backyard. We love keeping the windows open now (as long as the Fresno heat cools down), just so we can hear it. The light completely illuminates the corner of our backyard now too. They're relatively simple to make. M and I saw these a few weeks ago, and I was going to build one, but it's extremely difficult to find nice pots for the outdoors. We ended up buying it from the original place.
No, it's no 2 acre-feet koi pond with 8 feet cascading waterfalls and $$$ of koi like big bros, but we like it more.
I will try to put some pictures on smugmug later this week, once the fountian/pond is complete.

3 Comments:
Awesome, can't wait to see it. You don't need a big expensive pond. Sometimes it's too excessive and you don't appreciate it as much as your foutain. Good Job!
Let me know when it's on the site. The weather should cool down soon I hope.
I don't expect any koi pond in your back yard. Koi pond takes lots of money and energy to keep up. I expect your back yard to reflect who you and M value and appriciate.
Sadly, something reflecting who we are may be much more expensive than we can afford. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home