Maui Tacos..go to Baja Fresh Instead
After Bullseye's blog about krupuk, I was reminded of my dinner experience with M over the weekend. We were coming back from Carmel, and I recalled seeing the new Maui Tacos in Gilroy located just off 152E (next to Best Buy). We both agreed to grab dinner there. DISAPPOINTMENT.
The place is called MAui Tacos right?, so that's what I ordered...thinking it would be one of the best items on their menu. Remember cafeteria tacos in elem. school? Well, these were worse. Basically, there Maui Tacos consist of two small (maybe 6" in diameter) tortillas laid out flat on top of one another, and on the tortillas they put some black item they claim to be beef, shredded lettuce, processed cheese, and maybe chopped onions, and that's it. For something we can make for probably 25 cents at home, they charged $3.50 for each taco. The tacos tasted like plastic. Then I also got some chips and salsa on the side (no, chips are not included), and what came out of the kitchen was a paper tray of stale chips and we grab salsa from the bar. I can make salsa blindfolded with one arm better than the Maui Tacos salsa. Ridiculous...My words of advice: if something doesn't sound right (Hawaii and mexican food), then it probably is not right.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home