Friday, July 09, 2004

I'm back

Sorry for the long delay…I’ve been gone for almost two weeks, and I’ve been swamped since returning back to the mainland.

Well….the ring is on my finger now. Hawaii was incredible. We were both incredibly bummed having to return to the mainland and back to reality (work, exams, bills, BS, etc…). It’s funny cuz I got so use to not having to think about anything really. For 10 days, my big decision of the day was whether to get the Teriyaki Chicken lunch or Mahi Mahi lunch. Coming back to work and having to use my brain at its full capacity (which is very limited) again is difficult. I really believe there is something called post vacation syndrome, where brain functionality is reduced after vacations.

The wedding ceremony on Maui was perfect. From the wedding coordinator to our minister all the way to the servers at the hotel during the dinner after the wedding, everything just went much better than planned or expected. It was a beautiful and extremely moving wedding, and we couldn’t be any happier about it. Having our family there with us really made everything more special. Much more to say about the wedding, but I don’t want to overload the blog.

Our 7 days spent in Kauai were incredible as well. We stayed at the Princeville for 2 nights, and then the Sheraton for 5. Needless to say, the Princeville is one of the most incredible hotels I’ve ever seen. Situated in Hanalei Bay, there are spectacular views of the Pacific, lush green mountains, and cascading waterfalls in the distant all in one panoramic view. We loved the northshore area so much that we drove 45 minutes one way on 2 other days even though we were staying at the Sheraton, located on the south shore. The South shore is just very bland and looks like Pismo Beach with warmer water. We got in a ton of snorkeling and sight-seeing, practically the entire island. If anyone plans on going, I could recommend the best beaches and spots to visit. We got a Wrangler thinking that I would be taking a lot of off-road paths, but there really aren’t many accessible. We regret not getting a convertible instead. The Wrangler only came in handy 2x out of the entire trip probably. Food was extremely good. The highlight of our dining was when we ate at Plantation Gardens. Megan ordered a wonderful Mahi Mahi dish, and I tried Lau Lau, a local Hawaiin seafood dish wrapped in tea leaves. Definitely the best seafood I’ve ever had in my life, and one of the best dinners. (sorry bro, it blows away your teppan and sushi). We snorkeled at Ke’e Beach 3 times. Ke’e Beach is located at the end of the highway on the northshore, next to where the Napali Coast begins, and has a large coral reel located near shore. On two of the days, in addition to all the various types of fish, we swam with a family of sea turtles. Absolutely amazing. Just talking about it now makes me sad, cuz I really miss it there.

Well, we’re back now, and trying to get back into our regular lifes…though we have the reception coming up. We’re starting a new chapter in our lifes now, as a married couple, and I can’t be any happier…except I’m in Fresno and not Hawaii.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Welcome back!! It's nice know you had a great time in Hawaii. I wish I was there :( but, please blog more about while everthing is still fresh on your post vacation brain mode as of the best places to go and eat. I will go vacationing there again someday.
Do you have any pictures posted on your website?

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Welcome back!! It's nice know you and M had a great time in Hawaii. I wish I was there :( but, please blog more about it while everthing is still fresh on your "post vacation brain mode" as of the best places to go and eat. I will go vacationing there again someday.
Do you have any pictures posted on your website?

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home