Baseball and more wedding planning
I went to the A's game last night with a buddy. Incredible because the final score was 17-8, football score style. I saw the first grandslam in my life, hit by Damian Miller, the A's catcher.
However, I'm struggling today since I'm going off 5 hours of sleep.
Well, we've recieved several compliments on our wedding invitations which is humbling. A lot of effort went into them, and I'm just happy that people are enjoying them.
The whole disc jockey situation seems to be a nightmare so far though. Well, it's actually getting better now that we are pretty much dumping the orig. DJ we were going with, but we have a new guy now that seems to be pretty good. We'll meet him on Sunday, so we'll see. I don't know what it is with getting a DJ, but it's kind of like going on a blind date. You don't know what you're going to get, and even after 1 meeting, there's still nothing certain. Hopefully this second guy will pan out. The 1st one was ridiculous. First of all, his name is DJ DAN, which is a cheesy as can be. Then when we asked him to send us a contract, he uses one of these generic yellow carbon copy papers that old school Chinese Restuarants and gardeners use that have the boxes you write in for item, subtotal, tax, total, etc... What's this guy thinking? Then we ask him to send us a custom itinerary of our wedding event, and he mails us a copy of something he used from a previous wedding or something he printed off the internet. The names were different, and the songs weren't even the songs we discussed during our first meeting. Why do DJ's have to be so sketchy?
However, I'm struggling today since I'm going off 5 hours of sleep.
Well, we've recieved several compliments on our wedding invitations which is humbling. A lot of effort went into them, and I'm just happy that people are enjoying them.
The whole disc jockey situation seems to be a nightmare so far though. Well, it's actually getting better now that we are pretty much dumping the orig. DJ we were going with, but we have a new guy now that seems to be pretty good. We'll meet him on Sunday, so we'll see. I don't know what it is with getting a DJ, but it's kind of like going on a blind date. You don't know what you're going to get, and even after 1 meeting, there's still nothing certain. Hopefully this second guy will pan out. The 1st one was ridiculous. First of all, his name is DJ DAN, which is a cheesy as can be. Then when we asked him to send us a contract, he uses one of these generic yellow carbon copy papers that old school Chinese Restuarants and gardeners use that have the boxes you write in for item, subtotal, tax, total, etc... What's this guy thinking? Then we ask him to send us a custom itinerary of our wedding event, and he mails us a copy of something he used from a previous wedding or something he printed off the internet. The names were different, and the songs weren't even the songs we discussed during our first meeting. Why do DJ's have to be so sketchy?

1 Comments:
I recall those days.. making those decisions. My DJ had the 80's Vegas lounge singer look. He has the big stiff hair & mustache. Overall no complain. he was pretty good, I thought. I recall only one mistake on the songs. What do you remember? Did he get the party started? It's all a blur to me now that it was so long ago.
Post a Comment
<< Home